Header Bungs

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header Bungs
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 22:23:39 -0500
Just a quick note to let you folks know how to make a cheap header bung for
an EGT probe.....

Seems Uncle Dave has come up with a surplus Edlebrock Quick Data system.....
( truth be told he has been dilengently working on Them ) for the
Camaro..... Well he needed 8 1/8th pipe fitting's in the headers so he could
log EGT's with this little Jewel...... okay fair enough.... it's surplus
stuff so Bung's weren't avalible on short notice without the price of second
day air and so on...... Quick answer..... I took a 7/8th's whole saw to a
plate of 3/16ths steel and cut myself out 8 little holes.... the Plugs of
course is what I was after.... ya know the things you normally find under
the Bench 6 yrs later..... well they make Great Bungs for EGT
probes.....Very capable of being drilled and tapped for 1/8th inch pipe
fitting's after they are welded on....

Just thought I would share it....

Keith ( Yes Dave they are welded on and look like an amatuer did it.... but
what do you expect from an Amatuer....  Life is Still Good and dang near
groovy..... Dan your the only one old enough on the list to truely remember
that remark!!!...... oh stop it.... someone has to pick on Dan now and
again.... how else would he know he was loved? )