Thrashing!

To: LAND-SPEED <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thrashing!
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:23:51 -0700
List,
I know most of you are loaded or loading cars & trailers for the big
trip. Many have been going nuts just waiting to go. I have an answer for
all that time longing to get going.

I wait until the last minute to get everything ready and then I am
working right up to the wire, so no time for waiting on time to pass. I
said in a previous email that things were on schedule, well all that has
changed. I had the engine on the dyno yesterday with good news and bad
news. The good news is that on the first pull we had 545 HP @ 7000 RPM,
a full 30 HP more at that RPM than our dyno test last year. The bad news
is that on a couple pulls later we had spun #3 and #7 rod bearings. (I
had put it together with the bearings with the old bearings, they looked
good, but alas, never again. The status now is that everything is apart
again, hope to get the crank ground Monday, put it together Tuesday,
back on the dyno Wednesday and hopefully leave here a day late on
Friday. Oh well, maybe I am still on schedule for me. See you all on the
Salt.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC