Fwd: Jack Eaton

To: mellee26@bestweb.net
Subject: Fwd: Jack Eaton
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:13:31 EDT
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:52:42 EDT
Subject: Re: Jack Eaton
To: DRAGINC@aol.com
  ohc6@pnnw.net, RonnieRoadster@aol.com, RUGGIERIVH@aol.com,
  shea_thomas@msn.com, squarerollbars@yahoo.com, Want1937hd@aol.com,
  STVBolt@banet.net, joetimney@dol.net, Moparturner@aol.com,
  Rodtech@mindspring.com, RAWAWA@aol.com, zappsnitro@email.msn.com,
  webmaster@hotrodder.com, colecoonce@nitronic.com,
  christian@schadenfreude.org, kevin@demonmotors.com,
  RedeyeGentry@aol.com, saltrcr@yahoo.com, cbailey@sprise.com,
  FastmetalBDF@aol.com

      Hi Dennis, and All ..... This email from Nancy Eaton really shocked me
I spent considerable time with Jack And Nancy at this summer' s Seekonk, MA
Charleston Drag Reunion and the Hot Rod Rumble in East Hartford ...... took
pics of Jack, Nancy, and friends Jake And LouAnn ( flathead 39 Ford sedan ),
also from Long Island ...... Jack' s traveling pals, and our friends at many
local shows and at Bonneville Speedweek 2000 .  Mary Ann and I are planning
on
leaving here early Tuesday morning to attend the funeral and the burial, and
see some of my Long Island rod buddies that I have met as far
away as California ( Dick, Justin Sells ) and Sean Vesely ( this year' s
E. Htfd Rumble ), several others from my old drag days in early 60s .
       I will just close by saying that of all the many great folks I have met
in 52 + years of kicking around drag strips, modified stock car racing,
zillions of car shows, and mainly the hot rod ( NOT street rod ) scene
from waaay back then ...... that Jack Eaton was the nicest, friendliest,
funniest, and also the fiestiest little guy I ever met ....... he is the ONLY
person whose emails have made me laugh until I cried ....... the things he
wrote were amazing ...... we shared private jokes and insults ...... and
I don' t care who knows that I cried again this afternoon after I read Nancy's
email of his passing away .......  I hope to see some of you at the
funeral or burial or afterward on Tuesday .
       Please remember that Jack was THERE ...... in the thick of it all
from the earliest years of East Coast Hot Rodding and was there
in those pioneering days of the NHRA organizing drag racing across
America  ....... what tales from those days he shared with me !!!
       American Hot Rodding has lost a man who, though slight in stature,
was a legend of the early years, and a very big man in the eyes
of so many of us who knew him and called him a true friend ........
       I will always picture him smiling from the window of his chopped
Deuce three window that was such a big part of his life, and was still
going strong since he built it in the early Fifties .......
        Bless You, Jack, Wherever You are ...... You have more friends
that will miss you then you could ever know !!!
                     Bruce Ferguson
             on the Connecticut shoreline