Earl Wooden's Crash

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Earl Wooden's Crash
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:32:34 -0600
Hi
I went out Tuesday evening to the salt to go to the Salt Talks Bash at the
Bend in the road. On the way out from SLC, at the gas station in Delle, I
met Ken Walkey, he was headed to the University Hospital to check on Earl
Wooden who was injured in a hi speed crash yesterday.   I just spoke with
Earl a few minutes ago.  He is in the University Hospital here in Salt
Lake.  Earl said the Crosley got away from him at nearly 300 MPH..  He
suffered a few broken ribs, and assorted bumps and bruises.  He seemed in
good spirits.  He said to tell everyone that he will be OK.  The simple
fact that he was able to take my phone call speaks volumes.  He said his
injuries are so minor is because the safety equipment and rules saved
him.  Earl will be OK.  His Crosley will need some serious work though.

Daniel Wright
University of Utah
20 S 2030 E
BPRB Rm 332