Tire Stagger/ Change

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Stagger/ Change
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:11:51 -0500
I learned a ton this week about what NOT to do....  I hate to change
something I know works....  the 28" tires we have ran for the last two years
have been perfect...  Changing them for changes sake wasn't in my game
plan....

BUT.... first couple of passes I had to shut the car down simply because it
was one EVIL handling beast.... not a little bit evil..... but UGLY ...
Dave can give you the exact specific's as we had an Edlebrock Data Acq
system in the car which measures G's..... but I can tell you Simply that the
car wasn't going any faster with my nappy butt attached to it!!!....

Dave asked me to humor him and check the tire stagger..... Opps... been a
year since I did that.... and Low and behold.... Yeppers... the roll out on
one was more then an inch different then the other...  Hmmm with a locked
rear gear this ment that I was flat tracking most the time on the course....
and at over two bills.... well lets just say the Purple suit was fixin to
get some new Darker colors....

This was one of many simple faults Dave fixed along the way.... and honestly
his tune up's were as good as they could be.... when you have 7 perfect
plug's it's hard to argue bout the tune up....

K ( and No I most likely won't run a spool at Bonneville ever again!!! )