Thank's Thread

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank's Thread
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:00:09 -0500
Okay folks we have never done this before... but I would like to start a
Post Bonneville Thread dedicated to saying thanks to the folks that make it
happen for each of us..... a simple thanks isn't enough... take a minute and
give us the Why you would include them.  Yeah it might get old.... but to
each of us these folks are special....  TELL US ABOUT THEM

Miss Kathy ... for not bitching bout the money and allowing me the latitude
to chase a dream....

Brad... for helping out with the second set of hands and taking me aside and
reminding me that these folks around me are busting thier ass...trying to
help me make this happen ( yeah I copped a bit of an attitude outta
frustration and immaturity )

Dave... ( what was on this guys mind? )  here was a guy that helped me
virtually everyday in the last year.... taking a ton of time to teach me the
best he could ( remember the student is part of the learning occassion ) and
for coming up with a complete data acq system on loan...( personally I think
he invested more in it then he want's to admit....)   Sincerely thank you
Dave for the time and the friendship

Jeff Pope and his Buddy Todd.... who dont' have a last name cause I can't
remember it.... these two Yahoo's showed up to spectate and honestly worked
at giving us the best they had.....

Bob Gribble for opening his Trailer and loaning me anything I needed... as
did another crew who donated an engine hoist....  Again Bob comes equipped
with Linda.... who is not only a side kick... but a Friend in her own
right.... quality folks are hard to beat....

Ed & Linda Van Scoy and Dale Clay..... for hanging out and making it all
look so easy..... all ya gotta do is get lucky....( yeah Ed.... and make the
900 mile trip in a day for a Fuel Pump )

Competition Design.... These folks deserve a Letter of their own for the
services they rendered... and i'll do that in the next couple of day's.... I
recommended them and they proved I was right....

David Frieburger and Rick Amado (sp) for honestly coming to help.... Dave
helped me pitch the engine in when the folks needed the lift back.... but
Most importantly was there when we were Loading up.... He was out there
picking up cigerette butts and wire ties with the rest of us....neat guy and
that comment should tell you what kinda hands Hot Rod is in....

All the ECTA folks John... Joe... Susan... even Scott... and Lionel for
advice along the way and being there.....

Barry Grant..... Air Ride Technologies and Prolong for donating some of the
things it takes to run ( or try and run) a car at this level....

I am humbled to call each of these folks a friend.... and I am sure I forgot
someone who was equally important..... if that is the case I will surely
write back later....

Thanks again.... Keith