Re: speedweek

To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: speedweek
From: "Chris \"Dad\" Land" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:58:14 -0400
well,i was on bike #566 and thought i was on a record run but just pasted the 2
mile marker i seized a piston and the rear tire locked up!(inadequate fuel
delivery/supply) .the front tire was stable as a stone thanks to my M/T tire and
full front fender but the rear tire tried to pass the front and while trying to
straighten her ("Lucille") up. she was kicking back and forth throwing salt way
up in the air,so i didn't get her lined up straight until i passed the 3 mile
marker.132.594 was my time on the mile i believe. maybe you guys saw it or
remember?i didn't plan it but a ride of a lifetime that i will carry with me
always. it occured on sunday i believe.god was with me and i didn't bail
off............trying to control it  to the very end. too interested in what
happened to my motor to be scared at the time i guess. a hearty thank you to all
that put on this event. THANKS! and i hope to see you in oct. if the weather
cooperates. thanks  just wanted it on tape if anyone caught it. ol'dad #566