'Dad' Land

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'Dad' Land
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 05:00:47 -0700
List,

>From all the mails prior to Speedweek I was under the impression that Chris
'Dad" Land was an older gentleman who had an interest in LSR with his kids and
possibly grandkids.

Imagine my surprise that when I was walking back to town one evening that I
was offered a ride in by some Harley types much younger than myself. Well,
knowing that we are all on the salt for a single purpose I was not intimated
to accept their offer. As we rode in we introduced ourselves and found our
common bond through the list. Chris, Robert and Judie(an perfect example of
the soft spoken Southern Gentlewoman) were more than kind and all had the
level of enthusiasm that I find so appealing within the LSR community.

Thanks for the lift Dad,

Dan Warner