Re: Dry Lakes Question...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dry Lakes Question...
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:44:36 -0700
Mayf
For the last 65 years we have looked at every day lake in So.Cal and Nevada.
There are problems with most being to far away for any services and
accomindiations etc. The other big reason is there is no medical services
close to any except El Mirage and Muroc. Most of the lake beds are to short,
poor surface conditions and hard to get to as the roads in are not
maintained. The other is they are closed by the BLM and are protected areas.
So what you see is what we get.
The lakes along I-15 are a dust problem and as you can see we have two
options and Muroc is not at the top of the option list.
Glen