Forwarded: New Car New Drivers

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: New Car New Drivers
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:28:24 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than land-speed@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: Saltracer54@aol.com
     Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:12:18 EDT
     Subject: New Car New Drivers

Having just returned from bville as a rookie driver with a new car, I feel
that it is the responsibilty of the driver to be aware that his ride is
untested. We all agreed to make shake down runs at certian RPM ranges until
we felt confident in the cars handling and our ability to drive the salt. In
this day and age of must it be someone elses fault if things go wrong we have
to except the responsibilty along with the rush.
The SCTA does an excellent job of running speedweek , the distances and time
travelled to allow us a venue is greatly appreciated.

Gary Ferstl
XF/GMR 349