Speedweek Suggestions

To: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, "Doug King"
Subject: Speedweek Suggestions
From: "Mike Manghelli" <mmanghel@hughes.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:07:04 -0700
List,

It sounds like it is time to re-introduce myself again....  Yes, I am Mike
Manghelli, president of this volunteer group that puts on Muroc, 6 El Mirage
meets and 2 Bonneville meets....  Yes, I am on the list and Yes, I do read
most of the stuff that goes on (unfortuantely I do not have time to read it
all).  Yes, Speedweek has grown, are the waits in line as bad as when I
started this racing 26 years ago???  No.  By Thursday the starters are
bored, Glen and his crew are playing cards between cars (just kidding Glen).
How about World Finals in October, great time to sort a car out....  Just
commenting on some of the banter I have seen....  Just so that you know
every year we make some changes in the event, most you will not notice, some
you will, we are trying to make the event better, for both the racers and
the staff.

Now down to the reason for my comments, I have been meaning to do this since
I got back from B'ville, but have not had time, now seems like the best time
to do it.    This "good old boy" would like to get your comments and or
suggestions, good or bad on how to improve Speedweek!  Please be specific as
you can and be reasonable, we will not have 6 courses for Speedweek until we
have 1000 entries.  I would like comments on everything from the end of the
road, pits, registration, inspection, start lines, turnouts, start times,
stop times, number of pit passes per entry, responses back from the office,
give you enough informatio, to much information,  to etc. etc...

I am serious about this, you the racers make the event and we want to make
it better for you.  Please respond to me personaly do not post them to the
web.

Thank you
Mike Manghelli (who was a racer before a polititian and will be after I am
done running this joint) (also my spell checker is not working on my piece
part computer, but like Keith says "spelling don't count!")