Re: Information Needed

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Information Needed
From: Ugo Fadini <ugo@ugofadini.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:17:12 +0200
Malcolm,

The Kenwood Clean Liner was at Speed Week in 1992. I was there, so I
have photos and a press kit, which I can copy if you need. A detailed
article was also featured in the Sped Week program.
As a matter of fact, I had the same curiosity a few months ago and
contacted Jim Mathis at Collmer Semiconductors (they supplied the
batteries and co-managed the expedition): he said the car was shipped
back to Japan right after SW and did not hear from Satoru Sugiyama
(the builder/promoter) any more. Then I tried to contact Mr Sugiyama
without success, at least so far... We can assume the project was
shelved, but the car is probably still somewhere in Japan. Will keep
trying to find out.
A BEAUTIFUL streamliner indeed (and probably pretty well engineered
too) and such a pity we could never see it run. Positively it did NOT
run during Speed Week, which was rained out after a couple of days
that year.
Oops... you wanted a reply from list members "in USA". But you cannot
(for US readers: can not) get rid of us italians that easily, you
know...

Ugo Fadini, back in Italy from SPEED WEEK!!!!!
--
Ugo Fadini