World of Speed to go on as scheduled.

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: World of Speed to go on as scheduled.
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:59:59 -0700
After discussions about the propriety of holding the World of Speed on
September 21-24 in light of the events of September 11, 2001, it was decided
that the best way to respond to the terrorists was to hold the event as
planned.

What better way to respond to their attempts to shut down the USA than to go
racing?  This way we exhibit our independence and refusal to allow these
terrorists to shut down our people and deprive us of our freedom.

There will be an appropriate remembrance of the thousands who have died as a
result of the cowardly terrorist attacks.  Those who were on the salt during
Desert Storm will remember the spirit that was part of that years World of
Speed event.  Please plan on attending the drivers meeting on the morning of
September 21 to participate in honoring those we will always remember.

For additional information watch our web page at www.saltflats.com.  See
you on the salt!

Wes Potter, for President Gary Allen and the rest of the officers and
members of the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association.