El Mirage...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: El Mirage...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:15:57 -0700
My wife, father-in-law, Fat Dog, and I boogied down I-15 to El Mirage today
to watch the fun and games. My first time there so it was a new experience.
Nice to hear the familiar voices and watch the same starters run things.
Little simplier, though because apparently no fee to watch. With the
multi-access lake bed, don'e see how you could collect fees anyway. Managed
to watch Jack Costello make his second run, though, it was aborted for a
carb problem. Watched Katie's car go down the track with dad driving. Since
it was my first time there I was interested in the lake bed surface. Hard
and dry of course, but when stirred up, wow, what a dust storm!! The wind
was blowing down track so there should have been some good run times. As we
left, the wind kicked up and it wa like driving in a whiteout! But fun to
watch anyway. We all enjoyed the races and how well they were put on. Thanks
to the "crew" that makes it happen. And there seemed to be a few more cars
than expected? Certainly there were a lot of us looky loo's. Of course, I
always take the wrong way to get there also, next time will experiment with
the best way.

Thanks for putting on the races, guy, pat yourselves on the back.

mayf, the red necked, ignorant desert rat in Pahrump...