top chop & wheelbase question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: top chop & wheelbase question
From: Tommy Shaw <tommy@pcpartner.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:20:52 -0500
Hi peoples

this may seem easy but I am wondering and need to get it right, of course,
in case i ever get out to actually race this car.

Comp Coupe class says body cannot be altered in width or CONTOUR, other
than top chop, which must be equal ht front & rear (no "wedge" cuts).
obviously many cars have the front windshield angle changed.

Can a chop also "slope" the rear window?

Since the front angle doesn't appear to be specified...   can same liberty
be taken with rear?

I am considering a pretty radical chop on my 34 (specially for a "street"
car)  and a slight lean of the rear will not only save a "stretch" to make
it fit, but also look way cool.
:)

next question...   can you extend the wheelbase several inches, but LESS
THAN 12" if car is chopped also (fulfilling "one of the following..."
requirement)?

Has the inspectors/SCTA rules committe ruled  on this before??

help!   (before the die-cutter is fired up)

Tommy