Welded Wheels and Interior panels

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>, "steve ritter"
Subject: Welded Wheels and Interior panels
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:09:06 -0500
Ed it's my understanding that the wheels must be welded all the way around
the backside where the wheel attaches to the rim,  Front and Rear?

   As for interior panels..... I just don't understand where that makes much
differnce to the speed of a vehicle...  I do see where it causes serious
problems with toxic fumes in the event of a fire thou....

I had to take several Aviation Safety Courses when I was at Embry Riddle.
As a result it's my understanding that most folks die in a Fire not from the
flames but from Toxic fume inhalation....  The Seats and interior panels of
the Plane simply incapacitate the passengers before they can escape.... ( it
is also my understanding that the Industry has spent tons of money on
decreasing this risk in recent years with Flame retartant products )

Just a thought....