GMC 6

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: GMC 6
From: "Jim Rose" <jimrose@lightstream.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:16:49 -0400
    Well, the 6 cyl GMC is in a '72 dump truck that's been parked for years.
 Body's shot, bed's wasted, but I know it ran strong when it was parked.  My
guess is a 302.  I know it doesn't EXACTLY fit the 'retro nostalia' because
of it's mfg date.  What do you think?  Should I go after it?  Did they make
302 6 cyl back in the '50's, or is that the newer, improved version?  Or
will I just plain get slammed now because it is a newer engine and won't fit
my strategy?  :)
    I remember my dad telling me about a '52 (or so) GMC 6 he dropped in one
of his cars way back when, and it was pretty hot.  That's what made me think
of this engine.  Any tech advice on this thing, like how does it rev, what
kind of performance mods can be done/are available?  Reliability?
    Love those flat heads, but...Hmmmm...

JR