Re: Salt

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: Salt
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 06:47:18 -0700
Grib, Dan,

Unfortunately the high pressure water from the car wash is part of the
problem.  It just forces the salt into the little places it didn't get into
before.  Electricals take it the worst.  I'm convinced the very best way to
handle it is just to let the hose with a small sprinkler head flush it off
at low pressure.  That at least prolongs the time until the salt wins.  My
'76 Chev pickup has probably spent it's last event on the salt.  The rocker
panels are about gone along with the bottom of the floorboards.  The day we
spent picking up wire and cones in 3" of water three years ago had a
devastating effect on the floorboards.  I wash it off and try to get
everything that is there but with the salt from Bonneville and the salted
roads in the winter it's an uphill battle.  Too bad ... truck has a 350 with
a 4 barrel, HE ignition and 4-bolt mains, 120,000 well maintained miles ...
hope I can find a potential street rodder buyer with vision.  I'll have to
order some of the Salt-X.  Send me details off line please.  My '97 pickup
goes to the salt next year.

Wes