Re: SB2 heads

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: SB2 heads
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 08:06:31 -0400
Dan
You are thinking of the spread port heads. looks a lot like a 3/4 scale BBC or
Ford Yates style head.. Nothing fits (though has the same head bolt pattern). if
i use an 18 degree head or SB2 does that fit the requirement as an engine swap
as nothing will fit from production(intake manifold or headers or valve gear)
and is not legal for production i assume. I also assume maybe right or wrong
that once one of the three things in the IV-14 section does not work that it is
an engine swap. Even though some other parts might fit?
are all of these a swap iregardless as to who made the engine and what series it
might be according to section IV-14?

Cylinder head bolt patten        different
Bellhousing bolt pattern         different
Intake manifold bolt pattern     OEM

Cylinder head bolt patten         different
Bellhousing bolt pattern          OEM
Intake manifold bolt pattern      different

Cylinder head bolt patten         OEM
Bellhousing bolt pattern          different
Intake manifold bolt pattern      different

Cylinder head bolt patten         different
Bellhousing bolt pattern          OEM
Intake manifold bolt pattern      OEM

Cylinder head bolt patten         OEM
Bellhousing bolt pattern          different
Intake manifold bolt pattern      OEM

Cylinder head bolt patten         OEM
Bellhousing bolt pattern          OEM
Intake manifold bolt pattern      different

Cylinder head bolt patten         different
Bellhousing bolt pattern          different
Intake manifold bolt pattern      different

and the only thing that is not a swap is?

Cylinder head bolt patten         OEM
Bellhousing bolt pattern          OEM
Intake manifold bolt pattern      OEM

Dave Dahlgren