Re: SB2 heads

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: SB2 heads
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 07:30:26 -0600 (MDT)
Dan,
I think you are right, on the BBC pro stock heads are
symetrical and are not legal  in Production.
I think both of you are right about the the SB2. It has
symetrical cyls. and therefore are not legal because
the intake and exhaust manifolds are not the same the
23dg heads have simiesd intakes and the two center
exhaust are no longer together. wmts

Quoting Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>:

> The main differences between the SB2 and the 18/23
> degree heads are the intake and exhaust valve
> locations are reversed on the end cylinders and the
> two valves are not at the same angle.
> Glen,
>
> OK, then what heads am I thinking of? The ones where
the exhaust ports are
> evenly spaced, look like a Ford. What is the
intake/ehaust relationship on

majordomo@autox.team.net