Re: Rowdy Laurenburg Sixteen

To: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>, "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Rowdy Laurenburg Sixteen
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 04:21:09 -0500
For my Part..... I was the first asked to LEAVE..... not being a total fool
I simply left....  Think about it..... a well fed cop in a BBQ place....
who's he going to look after.... a local.. or a bunch of Rowdy food throwing
middle aged guys....  Evidence and witnesses were totally ignored in lew of
the Next Large BBQ plate.....  it was a Pure no win for us....

From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>; "john backus" <34ford@msn.com>; "glen
barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>; "landspeedracer"
<landspeedracer@msn.com>; "kturk" <kturk@ala.net>; "land-speed"
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 1:36 AM

> Let me set the record straight on this matter. I don't want to write a
book
> so I'll just give you the "highlights"
> The whole incident arose from some alleged "remarks" by Brad to a bus boy
> and then later to the cook.
> Seems like in Laurinburg, one should not get upset when a restaurant fails
> to supply you with your  (correct) order any sooner than a reasonable time
> frame of say 2 hours. In a gentleman like tone and without any negative
> language, Brad (speaking for the group) expressed his displeasure. This
act
> of high aggression against the establishment caused the owner to call the
> local "boys in blue", who proceeded to ask Brad to step outside
> (interrupting his long awaited miserable meal). Brad was accompanied by
> Keith and a couple of other male members of the group.
> When I heard what was happening I had a strong urge to become involved. (I
> was not drinking) I engaged the policeman (who obviously had many lunches
at
> this eatery) in a debate over the veracity of the claims by the
> restaurateur. Perhaps my "Born to Ride" Harley sweatshirt did not enhance
my
> position with the Officer. When Keith, the Officer and I confronted the
> owner, it became apparent that he (the owner) was lying about everything.
> When he asked the officer to remove us, I said wanted to pay my bill
> (proving I was not trying to get a free meal as alleged). I paid with a
100
> bill and the waitress claimed that I only gave her a twenty. So a twenty
> dollar dinner cost me $120. The Officer, who never really was on our side,
> said if I didn't leave he had a place to take me. At this point in time
Mr.