Re: Variety of Classes....from Pahrump (delete now)

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>, "glen barrett"
Subject: Re: Variety of Classes....from Pahrump (delete now)
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:17:16 -0500
Dan you pitched the bomb.... (Laughing hysterically here) but here is my
take or advice I might give to someone starting the sport...

The rule book currently defines many different classes... when building a
car for this hobby.... build it to fit as many classes as possible.... Plan
that into your program.... unless your hell bent on one class..... Leave
yourself some options...

an example of this.... for me right now is We are looking at running in the
Gas Coupe class next year.... because it allows us one more possibility at
setting a record over 200mph.... we know what Hp is required with the grill
closed off and the spoiler installed.... but we can rapidly modify the car
to meet the rules of GC and run event gas with no problems....so that
becomes an option....

As for future classes.... well I always liked the idea of 3 folks getting
together and running against each other with a particular style of car....
and thought it would be nice if in fact we could come up with a way of
creating a new Class that way....  But I can also see where that would
become an administrative nightmare... I think the story about developing a
class this way is really proving to be urban legend anyway...

Keith ( hey its a short soap box but it was mine for a moment... Dan quit
rocking the dang thing I'm going to fall...... DAN.....NO don't.... LOL )
----------
> From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
> To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
> Cc: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Variety of Classes....from Pahrump (delete now)
> Date: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 11:26 AM
>
> Yeah Glen, but if his hands were
> half as busy as his brain we.......
> well we would probably have
> classes for nuclear fusion power,
> believe me, you dont want to clock
> it, and Dan doesnt want to tech it....
>
> Joe
>

> glen barrett wrote:
>
> > Mayf
> > You have to much time on your hands. You should be building that new
garage
> > or something.
> > Glen

And if