Re: tank sealer

To: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>,
Subject: Re: tank sealer
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:17:52 -0700 (PDT)
Back when I wore green clothes (blue on Sundays)
I used some of that sealer in a fiberglass Norton
motorcycle tank.  It is still sealed - after
fifteen years.
I also used that white milky stuff that is sold
for motorcycle tanks.  It worked well too.
"Pream or cream" or something like that.  You
just have to be real thorough and carefull
cleaning the tank.  You can't use the same
solvents recommended for metal tanks, they will
disolve the resins.  I rinsed mine with alcohol,
then washed repeatedly with soap and water.
Dried it with an air hose, then put the sealer
inside.

Dick J

--- Higginbotham Land Speed Racing
http://personals.yahoo.com