Re: new ride

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new ride
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 15:26:55 -0700
List,
Well I just got back from Dearborn picking up my new ride. Rick Byrnes and I
came to agreement on me purchasing his Merkur. I bought it based on pictures
and  compliments of Rick's peers. My compliments to Rick and his team for
the excellent car this Merk is. I am proud to perpetuate its LSR career and
have promised Rick to make it proud also. Rick and his lovely "redhead"
Glenys, were gracious and have turned out to be great friends. (typical
LSR's)

My plans are to personalize (NASCARiz) it and build a twin turbo "E" motor.
I still have a mental debate going on in my head over engines.  I'll run it
as a E/BGC first with the availability of BGCC and ALT. Lofty ideas for now,
we'll see how the budget committee (Linda) sees it. I'm also thinking about
a "D" motor. (just kidding Keith)

The Merk's in the trailer still but I hear it calling me to get to work on
it.  I can't wait but,. I still have to work on the T'Bird for Maxton. No,
I'm not giving up on the Bird. It will be at Maxton next year and B'Ville
too. How could I let all my West Coast fans down?
I'm going to post the pix I got from Rick along with progress pix at
www.musclemotorsports.com/merk.htm for anyone that wants to see them.
BTW, I got to see Rick's new ride and I'll tell you I'm green with envy.
It's a bute! The craftsmanship is awesome.
Hope I see many of you at Maxton,
Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"