Engine-Trans Mounts

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine-Trans Mounts
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:54:20 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Folks, in response to the item saying never use front mounts and a
trans mount only, this is exactly what Ford Motor Co. did with maybe 25
million cars and trucks from at least '32 to '53 (Flathead era). Two
rubber mounts at the front and two close together(effectively one) at
the rear early, and later I think one under the tailhousing only.  This
three rubber points is what I use on my Ardun today.  In this case at
least the bellhousing is stressed for it, and the impression is the
major weight is on the front mounts anyhow.  I believe even if you use
solid fronts you should use a rubber rear so the frame can flex without
breaking the bellhousing or gearbox.  Any other opinions??  Cheers Bill