Re: Engine Plates

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Engine Plates
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:17:00 -0400
Bill,

The topic of block stressing is an interesting one. I had a customer who ran
solid side mounts and a mid plate on his blown, injected, nitrous squirted small
block 32 street-driven roadster. He kept blowing head gaskets and torching the
blocks and heads so I installed a front plate and he never had another problem.
really don't know if it made a difference but I got credit for solving a
reoccurring and expensive problem.

There isn't a competition car in drag racing with anything but front and mid
mounts and I have never heard of motors failing do to stress from
mountings...just driver abuse!!! Also, most drag stuff use lateral limit links
keep the motor/trans from moving fore and aft if the mid plate isn't securely
bolted into the chassis. In dragracing, this link system is good for a tenth or
so in e.t. on some cars.

Of course, horsepower comes into play when considering how to mount a
motor/trans
package. More power---stronger mounting required!

Hey Jerry,
Happy Mounting...hope you are not too confused!!!

joe