Re: clutch selection

To: "Bob Bridge" <robabridge@home.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch selection
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 02:02:20 -0700
Ehh Bob, (did I pronounce that right?)
As K.T. said we sell a Tilton or Quartermaster 7.25 inch triple disk clutch
for $350. That's with the three disks in good usable shape. (Double disk for
$300) I also have a (only one) new Tilton triple with new disks available
for $650. You can view it by going to
www.musclemotorparts.com/images/tilton1.jpg or
www.musclemotorparts.com/images/tilton2.jpg  You can buy it in combo with a
matched flywheel or a backplate that mounts to a flexplate. We always have
replacement parts available at reasonable prices.
Unless you really burn one up you probably only need to replace the
disks.The only time I had to replace the disks on the T'Bird was when I came
back from B'Ville and they turned into 5 lbs.of rust. The T'Bird is 3,500
lbs and I run a 2.75 rear gear.
These units are usually paired with a hydraulic throwout bearing that costs
$90 bucks used and $35 for the clutch slave cylinder,....but is the best way
to go.
This combo is what you'll find on any NASCAR team and It'll match right up
to your engine & tranny. Yes, They do run low ratio gears at Talladega and
Daytona and don't burn them up. They also run the same thing at Sears Point
& Watkins Glen and shift a thousand times. I would venture to say this is
the best way to go as opposed to a heavier conventional large diameter
single disk unit. Plus the surface disk area is far greater. There is a
lighter carbon fiber unit multi disk available that's 5.5 inches but it's
rare to find one used and a new one is over $4K
If you need additional info call me, Bob.G or Danny at 1-877-6MUSCLE or
704-948-1040
Hope this helps,
Grib (who really does like Canadians, especially Bobs')
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"