Rear suspension

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear suspension
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:28:12 -0500
Okay along the lines of the Trans mounting system....   I wanna do the rear
suspension issues....

My thoughts are that a fancy rear suspension to make the car leave the line
is a Moot point at Bonneville... ( may help you at Maxton or El Mirage ) but
once the car is through the gears it's settled down and the only real
advantage of a suspension at all is to maintain the contact patch with the
ground....over minor bumps...

Joe Timney and I have beat this up at length and I have several idea's on
the correct course of action for me....  But I'm curious to hear others
thoughts on what they run and WHY?....

In other words... what are your theory's..

Keith ( Mayf.... what you doing Hiding out... I love your questions...
always pointed .... which may not be pleasing to all ... however they are
always honest and well thought out )