Doing a show!

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Doing a show!
From: "Mike D MEIERLE" <mike.d.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:34:35 -0700
This was posted on one of the Boards I frequent.......

Dear Bonneville Racing,
Our company is producing a 1-hr show as part of a new series for
Discoverys
Travel Channel. The program will feature the "Best of" Utah and will be
shot
in several locations throughout Utah such as SLC, Park City, Sundance,
Moab,
Zion and Bryce.

We'll be dedicating one of our stories to the "Great Salt Lake", which
will
cover the Antelope Island and the Bonneville Salt Flats. I've been in
contact with Wes Potter from the Salt Flats Racing Association, and he
provided me with some good background information.

We're interested in conducting an interview at the Bonneville Salt Flats

with some of the folks involved in racing. We've acquired some archival
footage of various races at Bonneville, but we're really interested in
featuring the people who participate in the races and have played an
integral part in the preservation of this historic place. I'd like to
find
out if you can put me in touch with anyone in your group who might be
interested in being a part of our shoot at the Salt Flats?

Were hoping to get a good mix of stories, from the main tourist
destinations to the more off the beaten path places. The show will also
include places where viewers can learn about the towns culture and
history.
Our crew of four people will be filming in Utah from October 29 through
November 3.

Our goal is to provide our 50 million viewers with a friendly guide of
the
sights and sounds of Utah, while promoting the various locations,
companies,
and events featured on the show. This particular show is scheduled to
air
before the Winter Olympics, sometime at the end of January.

I can be reached at our production office in L.A.(818) 205-9973 or via
email if you have any questions. Thanks again for your time and
consideration.

Sincerely,

Robert Rosales
Associate Producer

--
Michael Meierle
Alcatel Carrier Internetworking Division