RE: WINGING IT ON THE SALT ........

To: "'Glenn Ridlen'" <gridlen@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: WINGING IT ON THE SALT ........
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:05:20 -0700
True enough.  But under real-world conditions, for any length of time ... I
think you'd be the first.

DC  :)

She won't go round if you keep her balanced on the center of pressure but
I'm not sure haw you do that.

  "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com> wrote:

Not only polar moment, but don't forget CG. Got to keep the CG AHEAD of the
center of pressure too, or around she goes.

Dale C.

I know race cars the need to turn quickly need a low polar moment so that
there is less inertia to overcome when turning. I thought on the other hand
that cars that need to go straight benefit from a resistance to turning
therefore need a high polar moment. Am I wrong in this thinking???

FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote: . You want the car to
have a LOW polar moment of inertia ....... so do NOT add much weight,
if any, behind the rear axle, in or under the trunk . Keep in mind that
ALL the weight BEHIND the rear axle is levering weight OFF of the
front wheels !!!

  _____

Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals
<http://rd.yahoo.com/mktg/mail/txt/tagline/?http://personals.yahoo.com> .

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..