Buckwheat & Purple Suits

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buckwheat & Purple Suits
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 04:55:59 -0500
So Guys and Girls it appears that Keith uses 'Buckwheat' as a tag for many
people that he meets regardless of gender.  Don't know what it means....
although KT does rate amongst one of the few good spellers in 'bama
according to his earlier posts.

Theory 1 for the day..........Perhaps KT is the real 'Buckwheat' and likes
to repeat his name often so that he doesn't forget it.  Saves writing it on
the inside of his shirt cuffs and tipping out his coke when he has to look
to remind him......(ha ha)

There were two purple suited drivers at Maxton in September - and Keith
never wore his own suit.  Keith loaned the famous fire covering to Don
Wales along with the So Al Camaro.  So we have a descendent of the great
Malcolm Campbell racing in something other than blue.....  The second suit
was worn by 'NASCAR' Grib.  He too loaned his car to Don, after the So Al
got Don to C licence speed, to go on for B licence speed.

Theory 2 for the day......... purple suiting seems to be a sign of
generosity in the east coast racing group.........

I have to admit to liking purple as a color (we spell it colour) for cars
and bikes but never thought of it for a suit - I wear flame red.

To all the 'Buckwheats' out there, have a great weekend (what is left of
it).  I am off to discuss a UK speed project with a fellow enthusiast.

A 'Buckwheat' - Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.