Re: Ford stories/Books

To: "john backus" <34ford@msn.com>, "Brian Falkner" <falken@ihug.co.nz>,
Subject: Re: Ford stories/Books
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:12:19 +1300
My most prized and favorite Ford book is "My Life & Work" by Henry himself
in collaboration with Samuel Crowther. Printed by Heinemann. First edition
1922. with new updated versions to 1936 (my copy).

His philosophy when considering the next years car (Model T times) was not
what it would cost to build plus a profit margin, but what the buying
consumer could afford based on the expected economy at the time. The cars
were then built and retailed at such a figure. Profit was subsequently
derived from the huge number of units sold as a result.

How many big industrialists would try that on today.

Ford admired Hitler for his organisational and motivational skills that
restored the countries industrial, and economic strength. Later, Hitler both
admired and envied Ford for the unbelievable rate Liberator aircraft and
other war production poured from Ford plants.

Brian, if you'd like to read the book, give me a call, will courier it down.

Chris H.................NZed.