Re: Drag Races & LSR at Maxton...

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Drag Races & LSR at Maxton...
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 00:07:40 +0000
Wayyyyyy  Wayyyyyyy too good of a story to be true Dick...

You musta made it up!

                        Good for you "DAD"  :-)

as you said; "LOOK OUT MAXTON - - HERE SHE COMES!"     !!!!!

Doug ,in NeuYaWK

                  ----------------------------------

From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
To: RAWAWA@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Drag Races & LSR at Maxton...
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:19:04 -0800 (PST)

Sorry you missed Maxton, Bob, but I have just
learned that under certain circumstances, drag
racing can be a suitable substitute.

My daughter turned sixteen last week and for one
of her birthday gifts, she wanted to race.
Friday night I took her to the local drag strip
where she got her first taste of "sanctioned
speed". She was trembling and crying as she
neared the tree in her little Storm coupe for her
first run.  I talked to the staging marshal ahead
of time, and they helped her stage for her first
run. The minute the green came on,  I ran as fast
as I could back through the staging lanes towards
the return road to meet her, fearing that she was
so scared she'd never want to race again.  As she
approached, I pointed towards our pit.  She
stopped with a puzzled look on her face and asked
what the problem was.  I told her we'd let her
settle down a little to be sure she really wanted
to do this.
"Settle down?" Her main concern was that I had
already delayed her getting back into the staging
lane and someone else would get more runs than
she would.  We (she)raced well into the night.

Saturday morning I got up, made my coffee and
went to her room to see if she still felt the
same way about racing.  To my surprise, she
wasn't there.  After a few moments, I found her
out in the shop(accompanied by her little black
and white kitten), sitting in the drivers seat of
my LSR Camaro! "How much different will it feel,
Dad?" she asked.
LOOK OUT MAXTON - - HERE SHE COMES!

Dick J
Proud East Texas Father