RE: Fire stuff

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fire stuff
From: "Parks, David" <David.Parks@lfr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:48:10 -0800
If you have the required fire systems that operate as called for (stays on
when activated), couldn't you also have an additional (and separate) fire
system that can be operated by the driver in 'bursts' as needed to put out a
fire (and keep it out). I have seen several cars reignite after the fire
bottles expended themselves. It seems to me that an additional system
working at the drivers command could put a fire out and then be used again
if it reignites. Of course the 'stays on' system could be used if things got
ugly, or you could just use it in the first place leaving the alternate
system as a backup. I always thought about adding a CO2 extinguisher plumbed
at the engine to the camaro for just this purpose, but it was not high on
the list.