Re: Question for the Rules Wizards...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Question for the Rules Wizards...
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 10:46:48 -0600
At 10:39 AM 11/1/01, you wrote:
>Some while back the list chatted about where the remote cutoff switch shold
>be located. At that time,it was clear tome where mine should be. My battery
>is located in the trunk, so my cutoff switch is located on the rear valance.
>BUT, I am having second thoughts about the battery in the trunk...makes for
>long hot cables for bot start and alternator and... If I decide to put the
>battery up front, where exactly shoulf the switch be located? Keeping it in
>the rear seems to exacerbate the problem of long cables...
>
>mayf
         Howdy, I would advise you to keep it in the trunk, use the largest
cable, ( #2 welding cable?) I think is the size, that'll keep the hot start
problems at bay, and be easy to plumb for the kill switch....
         So, why did you decide that a front mounted battery is right for
you? rear gives some weight for traction, front gives weight for keeping it
going straight, ( what's the word I'm looking for here, a dart effect is my
intention ) rear batt can be charged from the push truck battery easily,
front not so....

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001