Re: Question for the Rules Wizards...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question for the Rules Wizards...
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:23:18 EST
In a message dated 11/1/2001 8:36:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
drmayf@teknett.com writes:

> ... If I decide to put the
> battery up front, where exactly shoulf the switch be located? Keeping it in
> the rear seems to exacerbate the problem of long cables...

Mayf,
       A possibility would be using an aircraft (constant duty) solenoid
"on-off" switch near the battery. This avoids the safety hazard of long,
large, hot leads that cannot be deactivated without removing the cable at the
battery.
       Our 1946 Aeronca Champ has a similar setup.....................Ardun
Doug