Re: Ford Flathead Aero Engine

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford Flathead Aero Engine
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 14:14:04 EST
Back when I worked at an auto restoration shop we had the Bugatti
experimental plane in for a static display restoration. It had two straight
eight Bugatti GP Type 50 engines mounted behind the pilot, with TWO
driveshafts. One under each elbow of the pilot. It never flew, the Nazi
invasion of France ended that project. It is now on display in Oshkosh. Bob
in connecticut

<< The prototype of this little plane
 was built with a "souped up 115 hp Ford V8 engine with a cast aluminum
 block mounted behind the occupants with the drive shaft passing between
 them to a large 6 1/2 foot Gardner wooden propellor."  >>