Re: What's Up?

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: What's Up?
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:39:54 -0600
28X30 inches is 840 in2, / 144 (ft2) and get 5.8 ft2, add a 1 ft2 bump for
the drivers head, ( I think I kinda need it) and you'll get 7ft2.     with
14 inch tires and my fat a** its kinda hard to get smaller.....LOL

At 12:32 PM 11/5/01, you wrote:
>I know absolutely nothing about this, but frontal area is a big part of drag
>I suppose and 7sq. ft. sounds like alot. But I don't know. Anyone have some
>numbers to compare to?   Rich Fox

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001