Re: What's Up?

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: What's Up?
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:37:49 -0600
Hi John,
Yes, but the fronts are in-line inside (for the most part) the 25" cylinder
and powered (long story there!!!). Fronts are 24.5" dia rears are 30" dia
M/Ts. rear wheel box is 34 X 25. 25" cylinder is inside the rear wheel box.
Then add a little fin. Doghouse on top of the cylinder is effectively 0. It
reduces in c/s as the rear wheelbox increases (sort of like a coke bottle).
Bottom 20% of the rear tires are uncovered as they are not very draggy
(relative speed). Fairings for front headers are not in the calculation and
might get it to 7!
The other big thing about drag  besides frontal area is the Coefficient of
drag....hard to determine the number.
Skip