RE: American vs Made in America

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, autox list
Subject: RE: American vs Made in America
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:56:23 -0700
Thanks for the research, and thanks for posting this.  I'll be sure to pass
it along.  It'd be nice to know how the aftermarket/speed equipment people
have responded.

Thanks again, Dick

Subject: American vs Made in America

I found this rather intriguing.  As motorheads, I
think each of you may be interested in it too.

Subject: Which Motor Company Cares About The USA?

 After seeing a short news listing on "CNN
Headline News"  regarding Ford and GM's
contributions to the relief and recovery  efforts
in New York City and Washington, DC, I was
prompted to see  what the other automotive
companies were contributing. It is important
 to know which companies are there for us in a
crisis.  I went to (the news, press release and
philanthropic areas of)  each of the companies'
web sites. If the company had several sites, I
 tried to visit them all. Additionally, I visited
the leading news and  automotive sites.
 This is what I have found:

 Aston Martin - Nothing.
 Audi - Nothing. Audi's web site states "Audi
News: Always up to the minute.
 BMW - Nothing despite other press
releases/postings since  09/11/01. Last updated
09/13/01.
 Daewoo International - Nothing.
 Daimler Chrysler (includes Dodge, Jeep,
Mercedes-Benz and
 Plymouth) $10 million to support the children
and victims in addition to other donations from
their employees, dealers and suppliers.
 Fiat - Nothing.
 Ford Motor Company (includes Jaguar, Lincoln,
Mazda, Mercury  and Volvo) $1 million to the
American Red Cross, matching employee
contributions to the American Red Cross and 10
Excursions to the New  York Fire Department. The
company has also offered emergency response  team
services and office space to displaced government
employees.
 General Motors (includes Buick, Cadillac,
Chevrolet,  Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn)
-- $1 million to the American Red Cross, matching
employee contributions and a fleet of vans,
 trucks and SUVs.
 Harley-Davidson Motor Cycles - Donated one
million dollars and  30 new motorcycles to the
NYPD to assist in relief efforts and replace
motor cycles lost in the attack.
Harley-Davidson's own employees drove  the cycles
to NY in a day and a half and turned over the
keys  personally to the NYC Motor Division. Check
out their website at www. harleydavidson. com for
info and pi ctures of their generosity.
 Honda (includes Acura) - Nothing.  "The latest
news on Honda can always be found right here? "
No press releases/postings since 9/04/01 when the
release boasted "American Honda Motor Co. , Inc.
recorded its second best sales month ever in
August. " My search included: hondamotorcycle.
com [other  press releases posted on this site
since 9/11/01), honda. com,  honda2001. com,
world. honda. com, acura. com and honda. co. jp.
 Hyundai Motors Group (includes Kia) -- $300, 000
to the American  Red Cross.
 Isuzu - Nothing.
 Mitsubishi Motors - Nothing.
 Mitsubishi-motors. co. jp site states, "The
latest news about
 Mitsubishi Motors. " I also searched
mitsubishimotors. com.
 Nissan - Nothing despite other press
releases/postings since  09/11/01.
 Porsche - Nothing. Press release with
condolences posted on the  Porsche web site on
09/12/01, but no contribution.
 Subaru - Nothing. Despite other press
releases/postings since 09/11/01.
 Suzuki - Nothing.
 Toyota (includes Lexus) -Nothing. Press release
with condolences  posted on the Toyota web site
on 09/14/01, but no contribution,  despite
earlier press releases boasting that Toyota had
high sales in  July and August.
 Volkswagen - The employees and management
created a Foundation,  funded initially with $2
million, to assist the children and victims  with
humanitarian help including medical and
psychological assistance,  rehabilitation and
scholarships.

 We have the freedom to choose which companies we
make purchases  from and I, for one, will make my
purchases from and give my money to  the
companies that are giving their money to America
at this time of  need. I hope that you will, too.
We can only hope that it is an  oversight by the
companies that have not made a contribution and
that  they will join the relief efforts.
 Please forward this e-mail-especially to anyone
you know who is  thinking of purchasing a
vehicle. Remember this the next time you make
that move to buy your next car. . . New or Used.
. . . . Who gave what  to help OUR Beautiful
United States of America. . . . . . . . .

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..