Rear end Updates

To: <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear end Updates
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:34:41 -0600
.. To run in Gas coupe requires a quick change in my case... So I have been
evaluating my options there....  Amazing how expensive used parts can be....
wow ..

Joe Timney and I have worked through about 5 deals on Rear ends that are
avalible... The final option is simply to buy a new one... which ends up to
be the cheapest option.   Someone basically gave me a Winters the other
day....250 bucks.... but I didn't even take it home because it had 4:86
gears in it.... and the wrong size axle tubes....  The gear swap was 300
bucks if I did it myself.... and the axle tubes are 200 each....  So you end
up at 950 and still have used stuff..... it's that or a new one for 1200
without axles....  Keep in mind if the width isn't Just right it requires
new wheels for the 18" mickey's.... and that's a 500 dollar option....

As you can see being cheap isn't always an inexpensive option....  Funny how
things work out that way isn't it?

Keith