Re: Need a clue....

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>,
Subject: Re: Need a clue....
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:04:17 -0500
Ed,
Try looking at surface finish and flatness again, of both the heads and
intake.  Perhaps mismatch of angles or unloading of the water port area when
torqued.

I have found that Loctite "Form a gasket" works better than RTV silicone
sealers.  Long term the silicone is not fuel resistant and has little shear
strength, while Loctite does, and will seal well as long as the gaps are
very small and metal to metal contact is maintained.  Like you, I have been
sealing my alum side draft manif to the alum head this way for some time.
No gaskets at all, just the "Form a Gasket"
There are some tricks to using anerobics.  Cleanliness.  Cleaning with
solvent and Delimonene are essential, but we all know that.

Rick Byrnes