Re: Rear end Updates

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear end Updates
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:28:58 -0500

I guess you can call this a press release but I thought this would be of
interest
to any LSR's that had a new car and/or updates underway!

The new Winters 3:08 R&P QC is 3 weeks from completion. The center section and
side bells are complete...the assembly is beautiful, they are working on spur
gears and the lower shafts now! The rear can be fitted with a spool, locker, or
Winters Track center. It will require the new spur gears with fine splines. This
was done to increase the strength of the gears as some of the smaller ones had
the tendency to crack thru the narrow thickness between the spline and tooth
root
area. No firm pricing is available yet...Winters target price has been set at
between $3500 and $4000, but I do offer a LSR discount ( except for Keith of
course). Winters plans on producing 200 units, so if you are interested, please
call the shop at  302.378.3013 est.

Being a Winters QC dealer and a Landspeed racer, I am interested in finding a
manufacturer to produce a quantity of 3:60 R&P's to replace the 4:10's in the
big
QC's. If you have any leads, I'd appreciate a call or e-mail.

Thanks for the soapbox,

joe