Re: Speedway/Aero quip

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedway/Aero quip
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 08:57:49 -0600
We all make mistakes.... the real key to quality service is how you handle
that mistake.... Does it become the most important order you now have?   I
have never had a bad experience with Speedway But I like the way they do
business and they seem to offer somethings that Jeg's and Summit don't

As for the Aeroquip.... my local dealer sells the blue stuff and I have
looked at it seriously... the only thing that made me leary was re-working
it... I'm not sure how you cut it off without scratching the
fitting....which made me think it might leak after a couple of uses....
don't have a clue if that's true... it was just my thoughts as I evaluated
which one I was going to use.   As for the Braided Stainless... well it
does leave residue in the line when it's made and has to be well cleaned
out prior to use.  I have well over 200' of Braided Stainless in the Camaro
and have NEVER had a leak of any kind.... I've just ordered a 37degree
flaring tool and plan to build the Bugeye with hard lines terminated with
Braided to allow for vibration.... the current set up was mostly due to
time constraints.

When it comes to fitting's.... I've used Earls... Russel.. and Aeroquip....
no question in my mind personally Aeroquip wins hands down as the best of
the bunch.... It doesn't really cost any more... and if it did it would be
worth whatever you had to pay.

Keith