Re: Speedway/Aero quip

To: kturk@ala.net (Keith Turk), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedway/Aero quip
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 10:56:04 -0500 (EST)
Good point Keith, how do you re-use the end fittings with the blue
Aeroquip hose?  You can push 'em on (with effort) but you sure can't
pull 'em off!  True, the only way is to cut the hose "VERY CAREFULLY"
over the fitting to get the fitting out.  Any serious scratches on the
fitting could lead to leaks.  I have re-used them myself with no
problems.

I used the braided stuff before, and in removing the fittings later I
didn't like the looks of the hose liner, it looked almost destroyed by
the great force of the clamping design of the fittings.  What's your
take on this?  I installed them in accordance with the instructions.

The issue is very important from the safety standpoint, one popped fuel
hose under pressure can easily destroy the whole racecar, even if the
driver doesn't get burned.  I hate to think about BURNS.

Maybe some of the real veterans will contribute to the thoughts here.
Cheers Bill