Re: Tank inlets.

To: Rick Byrnes <rick@rbmotorsports.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tank inlets.
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 13:13:40 -0800 (PST)
 Rick
Does the closure need to hold pressure?
Rick Byrnes <rick@rbmotorsports.com> wrote: Greetings friends.
Now I need some help. I am using a 12 gallon JAZ fuel cell for the reservoir
of my ice water charge air cooling system. It has a typical inlet of about
2.5 or 3 inches, but I need something lots larger to be able to dump ice
without getting it all over. Does anyone have specific information about such
an inlet with good sealing. For those of you that saw the Merk with the N/A
engine the system is similar. an air box with a 12" square 4" thick heat
exchanger flowing ice water. All inlet air to the engine is fed thru this
cooler and "IT WORKS" I don't have specific data on inlet air temps, as my
data recorder was not installed last year, but my friends with the fast chebby
do (Doll Fox, & Christoferson).
So, I need some kind of big closure for this tank.
Anyone?

Thanks
OK, now off to do honeydo

Rick

///
/// land-speed@autox.team.net mailing list
/// with nothing in it but
///
/// unsubscribe land-speed
///
/// or go to http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
///
/// Send list postings to land-speed@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.