World LSR Records

To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>, Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>,
Subject: World LSR Records
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:15:30 -0800 (PST)
Just a thought.  I hope I'm not opening a "Bucket
of Worms", but this should at least get the think
cells working!

As far as I know, there are four organizations
(maybe five - is there a standing organization in
England?) who run LSR events: SCTA, USFRA, ECTA,
and DLRA.  Form a joint sanctioning board (World
Land Speed Racing Association) with one
representative of each of these organizations,
and start certifying world records!  All of our
classes in all of these organizations are close
enough to the same that this should be doable.
The fastest of all the independent timing
association speeds for any given glass is a world
record.  Some will have been set at Bonneville,
some at Maxton, some possibley on a lakebed in
California, and some down under, but they are
still the fastest, "official" recorded run ever
for that vehicle class!

Other organizations have successfully formed
splinter groups before.  I can think of
NHRA/USHRA/IHRA/AHRA, AAA/NASCAR/USAC, IRL, etc,
etc, etc who have split and formed splinter
groups because they weren't happy with something
that the "mother organization" was doing. Their
needs were not being adequately addressed. We can
do this!

WE ARE NOT WANTING TO BREAK UP AND FORM SPLINTER
GROUPS, BUT RATHER, WE ARE WANTING BRING OUR
INDEPENDENT TIMING ASSOCIATIONS TOGETHER UNDER
ONE UMBRELLA GROUP!  THAT'S EASIER TO DO THAN TO
FORM A WHOLE NEW SPLINTER GROUP!

C'MON GUYS, Y'all ARE THE EXPERTS!

Dick J
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1