virus infection

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: virus infection
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:57:04 -0800
List

Unbeknownst to a Speedvision personality I am working with on another LSR
show, his computer was infected with the following virus:

W32.badtrans.B@mm

and he unwittingly infected his entire mailing list, of which I am one
recipient.

I believe that I was the person who infected the list by replying to one of
the list postings.

This "worm" as it is called, propagates by sending itself to every name on
your mailing list -- without your knowledge -- working in the background. It
will also search for all your cached passwords and keystrokes and then send
the information back to lowlife who started the worm. It is for this reason
you should NEVER tell outlook express to "remember" your passwords and type
them in each time.
In a PC, the virus resides at:

C:/windows/system/kernal32.exe

and can also be listed as: