tire & Kamm

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: tire & Kamm
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (pork.pie)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:47:39 +0100
Yeap, Louise, the tire was not flat - got still the full pressure.
I showed this picture to guy her in Germany - his is now for 40 years in tire.

His opinion was, may be it can come from this that the rubber didn't curse
properly to the inner thread (I hope this is the right word). Means a
production
problem. But he said, it can be also cause from other reason - for this he has
to see the tire real - I told him that therefore he has to fly to Salt Lake or
LA.

Correct, this is the guy where the name Kamm-effect comes from. As I wrote, on
car it's 6 degrees, by aeroplane it's 7 degrees.

This "cut" rear end was often time - successful - used on record cars.

see ya

Pork Pie