Re: new class?

To: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: new class?
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 23:51:53 -0600
Rick:
Yes, I do love new concepts!  LSR is going to really have some work to do with
this one,
though. Continuing with your ideas-- if you lean forward, you better get
horizontal pretty
quick-- otherwise, aspect angle plus speed will produce lift. If you have a
blowover on
this thing, it will be your ass.  And-- with all the machine weight at your
feet-- the
center of mass would surely be way behind the center of pressure, even if you
are able to
get horizontal.  Can you imagine a 200mph spin?  You'd look like Peggy Fleming
in nomex.
And since you will have to lean forward ~90 degrees, both the exhausts and the
ram air
scoop will need to be gymbol-mounted, so they can maintain their proper
orientation.
Anybody up for the engineering challange?

I just realized what is the best thing about it:
Think of all the new sidecar LSR categories that could be made available!

Russ